Joining The Club!

Guest Rikos

Guest Rikos

Hello all,

This is my first post due to becoming a new kit car owner (well as of tomorrow). I have just bought a Robin Hood off ebay as a project for weekend fun on the track. The car currently isn't road legal and so will be starting that also too.

I have been a member of a number of car clubs throughout my motoring life and have always found them extremely useful and sociable.

I am sure I will have a number of questions over the coming weeks and months, especially as this will be the first time I plan to do as much of the work on the car myself (along with a friend of mine).

Will put some pictures up when I can and also some more details.

Regards,

Rik

Welcome to the Madhouse Rik

You wont find a more helpful, friendly club than this..

Any questions just fire away, someone will be on to help out pretty quickly...

Post a few piccies..

Guest Pauljordan

Hi Rik, well done. You have now become a member of a great club. Loads of help,advice, experience and also loads of humour.

Let us know which kit you have and I'm sure you will get many offers of help.

PJ

Just like to point out that he is not a member of the club he has joined the forum only joining the club has many benefits including a free hog roast at stoneleigh kit car show :good:

Edited by tractor
  • Like 2

Guest 2b cruising

Community members are welcome.

They just don't get all of the great benefits of full members.

Well worth the £15.

Just the end of season bash is worth more than that.

Welcome to the forum, I am in Telford down the road from Stafford with a zero if you need any help or motivation. We have a lot of good members in the region that have lots of free knowledge and if you join the club we can loan various tools and equipment to save the cost of you buying everything.

all the best with the build.

regards

Mark

Guest Rikos

I believe I have the Exmo model but I cant see to add a picture for someone to confirm. Checked against the identification section on the website.

CB750 - not that's not me, this one is pretty much built.

Tractor - appreciate I haven't become a member as of yet but cut me slack :db: I only got the car on Monday. I will join though.

MarkBzero - I am sure I will need lots of help and motivation!

Just an update, the car is built with the 1.6 Sierra engine from 1985. It requires seats fitting and windscreen wipers to be pretty much complete (to drive on the track). I think it is quite a way from being road legal but not looking into that until next year. I picked it up Monday, long drive from Stafford to Lincoln and back on Monday evening. Panicked all the way that it was going to fall off the trailer.

If someone can explain how to add pictures I will get some up. When I went to view before I bought the battery was dead but we managed to jump it and it ran well (on private road). When I got it back I charged up the battery but unfortunately it hasn't helped. The engine was ticking over but no joy and so think the battery is gone. Did smell a little of egg as well and so not sue if that's relevant.

Going to give it a service and new battery (or used if anyone has one for sale). Then hopefully all will be well.

Couple of questions:

1. What seats fit in the exmo model?

2. What is the stud pattern as would like to get some alloys as currently steel wheels

3. How much and where could I get a roof canopy from?

Thank you for any help

Standard Sierra hubs were 4x108 there are loads of alloys on auction sites that will fit but watch the offset. Too much and you'll impede the arches.

Most people go for 195 width and tyre pressures about 19-20 psi.

As for parts, keep a look on eBay as they sometimes come up. There was a chassis and weather gear for less than £200 last week.

The s7 and Exmo are both monocoque design so parts may cross over except for front suspension. The chassis is quite wide, I've got cobra roadster 7's in mine but mx5 seats should fit.

If you are going to register it you will need to put it through the iva if it hasn't been registered before, it's not impossible to do on an older kit and it's been done recently so the information is on here somewhere.

Welcome to the madhouse

Dave

Edited by Dave Ed

Guest Rikos

Well, an update. New battery fitted today and it started first time no problem! Really chuffed.

Just need seats and a service now and I can take it on the track for a good run out.