Seat Belt Guides

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

My seats have plastic guides on the side of the head rest, are the belts allowed to pass through these? Or will they be classed as the upper anchorage point? The actual anchorage point will be on the roll bar above the seat belt guides

Guest 2b cruising

You can use them as long as they do not interfere with the strait run of the belt when you are using it.

A friend and I managed this in a 2b by moving the rear upper mounts to make the upper belt run narrower.

I have no experience with the zero though. Just know about it as the friend failed IVA test on this very point.

Hope this helps in some way.

Ken.

Guest mcramsay

Sorry I should have been more clear, the guide is a bolted on plastic part that attaches to the side of the movable head rest, they are not guides through the seat, I'm looking to fit retracting belts and not harnesses.

The examiner may have an issue with the belt going through a movable guide -- just make sure the belt runs straight with-out deflection when being used. If the guide puts a "bend " in the belt run that fixture needs to be able to take the full load in a crash IMO

Guest 2b cruising

Your right Bob. It is in the rules about clean throw of any seat belts.

It is to prevent fraying as well as the seat or other interferences collapsing.

Edited by 2b cruising