Driving Camera

Chrisruck

So Iv'e just ben for a quick drive.

I bought a cheap GoPro copy on eBay for £17 as I didn't want to spend a lot on something that may fall off and get smashed. It came with all the brackets and adapters you could need. The footage is excellent. I'll try and attach a link to the video.

https://youtu.be/cRCyn22TxJk

Edited by chrisruck

With the exception of possibly slightly better sound quality that is as good a quality as my 300£+ Go-Pro hd.

Spot on.

I'd say the go pro can do much better than I use it for, but I don't have the hardware to utilise it fully, however for the price its an acceptable drop in quality imo. I have found the external mic and extension under the bonnet or at the exhaust tip makes things much better :D so will be giving this camera a go with that

Have you transcoded that first or something? It says 1080p in YouTube but it looks awful to me? I thought the SJ4000's were supposed to be much better than that....?

edit: Don't get me wrong, great for £17 with all the brackets! But I expected better image quality...?

Edited by brumster

Personally my laptop struggles to cope with 1080p footage from the GoPro when it comes to editing, 720p no problems. Eitherway I'm not looking for super 4K resolution from my videos, I'm more interested in some decent footage from various angles.

To me, the £13 camera footage is perfect to start sticking cameras in risky places I wouldn't want to risk my GoPro falling off and getting lost. Even the SJ4000 camera at £50 would still be gutting to lose.

I'd prefer to create a lower quality (not talking grainy and pixelated, just not HD) video of various action shots over a single view that is amazing 4k resolution.

• Like 1