Engine Identification Sticker

DoctorDee

New Boy here

Apologies for lack of detail.

I have just purchased my first R.H. after many years of running on three wheels.

The power unit is , I believe, a series 3 Zetec Blacktop.

There is the customary ford identification sticker on the front of the engine but I am not able to tie this to any of the coding's I have been given in order to make an accurate ID.

Can anyone give me some assistance please

I have attached a photo of the label concerned.

Thanks in Advance

post-13927-0-63392800-1471294616_thumb.jpg

I am guessing that this is one on the many Blacktop Zetec engines that Ford over produced before the emissions regs changed.

They are still being sold new around £700 as only kit cars can use them and thus they are about half the price they would have been otherwise.

Thus the spec will be the same as the very last production zetecs.

ECU will be whatever the installer favored.

Carbs may have been fitted in place of the injection system.

There are a few threads on fitting zetecs on this site.

Guest 2b cruising

Have you tried Ford owners forum.

When I went through it there were some very knowledgeable people on there giving pleanty of help to people with engine number stats and dates.

Not sure but I think it came under Ford owner group.

As IanS states, late engines no longer suitable are available.

Unfortunately they are getting a little rarer raising the prices to around the £900 level.

3 months ago information given to me at GBS, these engines are nearly unavailable and they were looing at which engine to go with for the long term future because of the additional cost involved.

Edited by 2b cruising

I remember I scanned mine with bar code scanner on my phone and let Google do the rest honestly can't remember what I found and I'm a long way away from my workshop computer at the moment.

worth a try though.

• 2 years later...
Guest kiwifrog

Hello

This is my first post after buying a second hand GBS Zero last week and I had the same issue.

I know this post was a long time ago but in case it helps anyone My Zero has the same engine code and because I did not know its history I want to change the cam belt to be sure. The ELH0 or ELHO engine does not seem to exist on the web or any other online source I could find. I ended up removing the cam cover and found out that the cam belt ford part number is 988M6268A2A which when I searched online equates to the type fitted to a FORD FOCUS (DAW, DBW) 2.0 16V 131cv (96kw) from 1999 to 07/2004 so I am assuming that this is my engine as it is dated 2004, and I believe that earlier 2.0 petrol cars while using the same belt have a slightly different mounting method.

cheers

Alan