Ebay

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

just had a shock had an invoice from eBay for £395 for trying to sell my 2b as I put a reserve on it I thought you only paid when it sold not before, last time I use ebay total rip off

peter2b

I have used thier call centre and had a good result when they charged me for somthing that didnt sell took a while to find the number from the website though!! but very helpfull staff on the phone must admit it wasant what I expected.

Can't see why eBay would charge you £395 for listing a car once. According to their fee help online it should be £10 for you to list the car plus £7.99 for the reserve. Not sure how they get that to £395?

Their fees are listed here: http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/introduction-ebay-fees

And a screen shot of car listing fees:

eBay Fees.JPG

I would suggest you go through their help and get a phone number to call them on as they are a bunch of arses to deal with, took me 6 months to stop them taking £80 in fees that I had already paid them! Faceless bunch of rip off merchants, I had to cancel all my paypal payment options to ensure they didn't take the money.

There appear to be different fees for different caterories of items on ebay.

The fees for motors list the following:

Listing a car for sale is £10 for an auction ad

Buy it now £2.99

Reserve price £7.99 - so in effect £21 per each of Pete's ads, total of £63

Or there are the standard reserve price fees which are 4% of the reserve price, which in Pete's case was £3000 so a fee of £120 per ad. Doesn't say whether these fees only apply when the item sells, probably not as that's how they make their money. Also doesn't make it clear whether the motors fees are independant of or additional to the standard fees.

Good luck with trying to get it sorted. Anything that I list on ebay I usually list with a start price of what I'd be happy with as a minimum and anything above that is a bonus, also avoids the reserve price fees.

If it's your car I've just seen on eBay you have it listed in category: vehicle parts and accessories/car manuals and literature/kit cars.

I had difficulty finding it so perhaps others are as well? You really need to list it under cars or kitcars. If it's not your car disregard!