Omex Or Megasquirt 3 Ecu

Guest Scotty84

type approval link was interesting reading.

this statement stood out for me

"The CE mark is the manufacturer's declaration that the system/assembly meets the MINIMUM safety requirements of all the Directives (laws) applicable to it, and of itself, does not signify any Third Party involvement in the design or testing of a system/assembly"

So I can say an ECU meets all the laws applicable, are there any for an ECU? and is therefore typed approved, stick CE on it and no one need check that it does meet anything? Interesting.

Type approval, the type Caterham has on some models, is for the entire vehicle not just a component, all of one type must be the same and provable that they are all the same. Caterham still have some of their vehicles IVA'd.

Guest 2b cruising

IVA is as it was presented.

Not after you pass the test then take it home and do all kinds of modifications.things

Not sure where you would stand on the legal side but technically, I would think it elegant. Thank the Lord that these things are not usually looked at.

MOT means nothing after you have left the test station. If you are stopped just around the corner after passing the mot and the car is found to be unroadworthy for any reason, you as the driver are at fault, not the tester.

i think it depends how much you want to spend.

i have an omex 600 on my mx5 engine. wired it all myself the manual isnt that clear but once you get your head around it its fine.

had it mapped ive done over 2000 miles since and all i can say is the reliabilty has been faultless. omex were great when i needed help and i also went on the factory tour the weekend

i carnt speak fro the other manufactureres but after hearing how there ecus are tested it puts my mind at ease that its still going to be working for a long time.