Robin Hood 2B Weight And Power

Guest Alimcc

I have often wondered as my previous car was a civic type r which felt quick and was supposed to get to 60 in around six seconds. Now in a car weighing a lot less with slightly more horsepower it feels quicker but you have to get past that first gear before you can make any serious progress. It's not traction that's the problem but the gear itself, might be fine for setting off with a caravan in town but not much good for a quick exit

I'm impressed that some of you are getting 0 - 60 times of less than 7 secs particularly as these are "real world" figures. When I can get my brother in the passenger seat I will give it a try (Speedo is in the middle of dash so need someone to watch that and operate Stopwatch whilst I concentrate on Revcounter).

Because of the comments on 1st to 2nd problems I will also have a go starting off in 2nd. I often do this in general driving because it feels quite happy doing so. If I can get less than 9 secs with 2 people in the car I will be more than happy.

Not exactly a standard 2B but my experience was 4.8 to 60 measured on my brothers RACEPAK device.

Vauxhall redtop, tuned to 210bhp, BGH gearbox uprated first & 2nd gear, very quick change from 1st to 2nd & almost 70 mph

in second at the redline, so just one gear change needed, and TOYO 888 tyres, so no wheelspin despite not having an LSD.

It weighed 750kg at SVA with a pinto, & a cast iron gearbox bellhousing.

The redtop is lighter than a pinto & IIRC the ally bellhousing saved about 15 KG.

Best way to measure your acceleration performance is on a dragstrip RWYB day.

Guest Turboz

Not exactly a standard 2B but my experience was 4.8 to 60 measured on my brothers RACEPAK device.

Vauxhall redtop, tuned to 210bhp, BGH gearbox uprated first & 2nd gear, very quick change from 1st to 2nd & almost 70 mph

in second at the redline, so just one gear change needed, and TOYO 888 tyres, so no wheelspin despite not having an LSD.

It weighed 750kg at SVA with a pinto, & a cast iron gearbox bellhousing.

The redtop is lighter than a pinto & IIRC the ally bellhousing saved about 15 KG.

Best way to measure your acceleration performance is on a dragstrip RWYB day.

If you do go to the drag strip make sure you have a full cage or you will be banned if you run a sub 12 seconds. Its also very harsh on your drive line I killed my 7.5" lsd shifting from 1st to 2nd and dropped oil on the track, I wasn't the most popular guy there let me tell you. It did wheelie off the line witch was also unexpected.

Guest Turboz

I was hoping for 10s myself, but I didn't account for the grip of a sticky track and hot slicks (hence the diff exploding) I may try again this summer now I have a 9inch cosworth diff May need a wheelie bar though.

It is recommended that there is a secondary braking system for all vehicles travelling faster than 150mph, this can be a parachute or mechanical braking system in addition to a hydraulic system.

One day, I'll have a car fast enough to need to comply with this rule :rofl:

• Like 1

Ray said many years back that he wanted a car with so much power he could never use all of it.

To date, he has had 1000 bhp, 1350 bhp, and 1500bhp, and that wasnt enough.

We think he might be there now.....we find out at the Pod on 19/20 May

• Like 2