Purchased The Exmo

Guest coconutter

Guest coconutter

Well after careful consideration I bought the exmo

It has all the build thread and after speaking to Mr Jepson we are going to approach the dvla for registering the exmo as a Robinhood exmo instead of Ford sports. We have lots of evidence of it being on the road pre sva and built in 1996 so we have a fair chance of being issued with a new registration be it age related or Q plate. If not it would need testing but its in fairly good order and it was a great price so if all goes wrong I could probably get my money back as a project/track car. I will update as and when progress is made. Thanks.

post-13970-0-74768300-1473439149_thumb.jpg

Guest coconutter

Thanks Duck it seems like a fair risk as car seems nice to drive and only needs a few bits. We have replaced alternator and battery new fuel and it fired straight up, quick(ish) wash and drives really well so fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
Guest coconutter

Great news DVLA have accepted Mr Jepsons and my documentation for the car. I have received a new VIN number which I have attached to a new chassis plate on the car. It is now correctly registered as a Robin Hood Exmo and I have received the logbook. It seems the car was registered correctly by the original owner but dvla should have issued a new vin number in 1996 but did not. As they were incorrect at the time they have now re-registered correctly which is brilliant for me. So the car is ready for next spring. All Legal. Just a few small jobs to do and probably respray as the red has faded. Thanks.