Starting From Cold

richard mackay

Guest Ian & Carole

Zetecs are prone to not liking iffy plugs.

Chuck a new set of good quality ones in, NGK would be my 1st choice and see if that improves the situation after checking , like Richard says every thing is in tip top shape.

Bike carbs can be a problem on bikes, they are prone to icing. Some are fitted with carb and/or induction heaters to help, and generally have enrichment devices not chokes.

After checking all the above suggested by others, it will come down to tuning, and bike cards are a compromise on larger capacity engines and even then require knowledge, time and the equipment to get near.

I have bike carbs very easy to set up ran mine for two years before I got it rolling roaded and then he only changed main jet size from 1.5mm to 1.45mm

If you are happy with the running, fine.

Richard appears to have a problem, so just offering my humble opinion. based on my experience.

• Like 1

The engine runs sweet once it's clears after about 5 mins but it's like it's going on three cylinders and popping through the exhaust

and back through the carbs. When it clears it's revs perfect just wonder if it's flooding a little while starting because it's takes a couple of attempts to fire.

Richard

How are you starting it?

Mine was with enrichment on and no throttle. Pinto though.

But used to start first couple of clicks. Then I would run it for maybe a minute before taking off the richness.

However, they all have their individual temperaments.

Andi