End Of Season Bash, Best Yet

speedtripledan

As a complete newbie to the club having had the Hood for just 4 weeks my wife and I were really impressed with the venue. The welcome we received from the members and committee was great. Wish we could have stayed longer but we will bring the camper van and kids next year . Great to see the different types of cars and have an opportunity to gather some advice and opinions from the owners too. Well done to the organizers and all involved. Pat on the back to the caterers too as they seem to go above and beyond to keep everyone full. I was however surprised at the low attendance in comparison to the amount of actual club members. Great central venue, great people with shared interests, well organized, good food and a bar! Dates are out for the next one so hopefully see more of you next year.

Numbers were down this year at around 80ish (nearly 400 in the club) whereas the last couple years numbers have increased year on year and been around 100 - 120ish. I'm at a loss as to what we can do to encourage more members to come and why we were down on numbers this year - if anything from previous years has put you off coming again, please message me and let me know as we can only learn from your feedback.

I also think having such a large venue that can cater for 1000 people, the 80 or so of us did feel a bit small on the massive site - but I'd rather have too much space than not enough - plus if the weather turned bad (even though we've always been lucky and had good weather), we have the space to move indoors!

Costs for the weekend are in my opinion reasonable and we wouldn't want to sell tickets for less that what we have done this year (we run the weekend at over a £1000 loss which we are happy with) and the location is central country to try and avoid the north-south divide.

Maybe the change in venue the last 3 years (outside our control) hasn't helped but hopefully we are over that hurdle now and have found a great long standing and affordable venue.

The committee would love to hear any suggestions for what you'd like to see over the weekend and what might bring more members out of the woodwork to support the event - please message me with ideas as we've already had a few good ones come from this year which you'll see next year.

One way or another, I'm sure this event will keep going for years to come, but the more support we can get from members then the better it will be for all, and it's only you guys and girls that can make that happen.

Edited by steamer
  • Like 3

Guest 2b cruising

I don't know how it would affect the finances but how about opening the event to other friendly clubs, ie, Locost, KKCC etc.

What a cracker it would be to have a good kit car sho of our own.

Only an idea.

Guest 2b cruising

Good work Richard.

I will try and get members from KKCC and locust to put something in their mags sometime early spring.

That is if I am not upsetting other members of course.

Best venue yet, really easy to find just 2 minutes off A50. Both of us had a brilliant weekend. Could have done with more people, we only used half the hall. Must remember to pack a spare clutch cable next year (big thanx to all who helped). And the sun shone all the way home. See you all at Stoneleigh.

• Like 3

How on earth did my positive thread about a great weekend turn to this!!! Go, don't go I don't care but if you are non supporter of this or any other event don't dare to to moan about the fact that there is only Stoneleigh and this left. Before long there will be nothing left in the kit world. As for mx5s if you really think about it they are far better than any kit car, I don't see any kits with 100000+ miles on, warm dry reliable, fun to drive and cheap....

How on earth did my positive thread about a great weekend turn to this!!! Go, don't go I don't care but if you are non supporter of this or any other event don't dare to to moan about the fact that there is only Stoneleigh and this left. Before long there will be nothing left in the kit world. As for mx5s if you really think about it they are far better than any kit car, I don't see any kits with 100000+ miles on, warm dry reliable, fun to drive and cheap....

Let all chill and be friends

Edited by DanE
  • Like 2

All off topic posts have been removed.

Nothing individual or witch hunting.

This is a thread which ideally should bolster the club's need to provide events for its members.

What car you drive or whether you made it or not are irrelevant and not for this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 3

I've asked the mods to tidy up this topic as things were getting a bit too 'close' and not in the spirit of the club.

I would also remind everyone that being a 'hoody' is not about what car you drive - it about a friendships between petrolheads above all else.

I fully appreciate that unforeseen situations can and do arise which changed your intended plans for the weekend - it would be naive of us to think that 100% of ticket holds were going to turn up.

I would like to think members wanting to come next year can look at this topic and see all the positive reviews from the this weekend and not a mountain of posts about mx5's and their forums etc....

Lastly, Thank you for all the kind comments / reviews. It really is pleasing to see all the hard work by so many people was worth it!

ROLL ON NEXT YEAR!!!!!