Up to £25000

New or used

Needs to be able to pull 1500kg of caravan

Like range rover sport ( pricey )

Range rover eqvoue

Vw Tiguan

Please help

Edited by jaimo

I've got a Lexus RX400h (for your budget, you could get the newer 450h).

Hybrid, so £250 Road tax, basically a Toyota, so incredibly reliable (mine has 125k miles and still in great nick). Really comfy, lots of toys and pulls my 1600 kg caravan with no problem. The 3.5L engine is great (270bhp on mine, more in the 450h) but despite hybrid, economy isn't great - 30mpg average, 20mpg towing but it is a big, powerful car so I don't think that is too bad.

My mate has a Volvo XC90 (old one) and seems OK except has worse economy than mine.

I don't think those shepherds huts are braked and the noise from those iron wheels would be wearing. What about a Honda Crv? It's no range rover but they are nice inside. I should know I sat in one for half an hour before we cut the roof Off!

Our old one tows our six berth OK, 25mpg as opposed to 40 ish normal use. At the end of the day the time you tow the van will be a very small percentage of its road use.

I don't know how much they are but you have a good budget.

Guest Ian & Carole

+ 1 for the Sorento, on our 3rd and we pull 1800 kgs with ours £240 RFL

We have had 42 MPG on a long run, 30 ish round town and regularly returns 25/28 towing.

7 year warranty does it for me.

In 11 years we have only had to buy 1 rear wiper blade !!!!

Guest lotusPaul

Why don't you want a phev? Mine's great and I constantly get 40mpg plus..don't know about towing but it's fantastic car..I had a 2010 outlander with the 2.0 VAG deisel.After 65k it was high 30s at best. No question my 2015 plate phev is great, I don't charge it at home and go off with a full battery so that mpg is real world.

Never did understand this type of debate. Buying something you are going to drive 52 weeks of the year based on the spec of what you want it to do for two weeks of the year. Hire some tank when you need to tow. Drive something you enjoy for the other 50 weeks.

Nigel

• Like 2