In Praise Of The Nhs

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

just over 3 weeks ago I started to have a cough up some gunk ,been on and off for about a year but as I was working in a dusty place didn't think much about it and as when i was adroad it stopped, but as I said 3-4 weeks ago it got worse, so I went to see my doctor who booked me in for an xray that showed a shadow on my right lung another 2 scans and lung tests I've been booked in for a biopsy to determine what they are , eather way my doctor said I'm going to have about the top1/3of my right lung removed withing the next 2 weeks, so far the NHS has been spot on as has my doctor

any one got a small turbo I can have?☺☺

peter-2b

GOOD LUCK Peter the NHS is one if not the BEST SERVICE in the WORLD.

Will not go into too many details but they are Phenomenal I owe them so much.

Hope / Pray that the Prognosis is POSITIVE please just remain POSITIVE.

Kindest regards

Steve

Can only agree with your post Peter -- my experience was similar, visited Doc, re-ferred to consultant; op 2 weeks later & then a long slow but almost pain free recovery. I've been almost normal since, some would dis-agree.

It will go well,recovery will be slow; but you will get there -- this time next year all will be a memory.

• Like 1

Guest Peter Ray

Ouch stuck a ruddy great neadle into my back about 150mmlong to get a sample but let in some air so I'm back in the morning for another xray and blook test nurses are nice though😊

Peter-2b

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

just seen my doc after all the tests, he said there are 4 things 1st remove the top 1/3 of your lung ,2nd open you up take out 1 lump and inspect it in a lab then either sew you up or remove the top 1/3rd, or do another biopsy in 3 months time and a scan if no change repeat every year for at lest 3 years, he said the scans an biopsy were inconclusive but probably not cancer, so I asked him for his recommendations as he was the expert, his vote was wait for the next test than think again

so fare so good

peter-2b