Rev Counter

Guest oldman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have sort of established the EEC-1V doesn't have a chip then presumably it wouldn't have an immobiliser function either. I confess I still don't know if it has an immobiliser!

I would be tempted to try to prove the fuel flow/pressure more definitely. Pull off the return fuel line after the pressure regulator and pipe it into a milk bottle. Turn on ignition. There should be a spurt of fuel which then stops. Then try to start the engine. There should then be more fuel flow as the engine turns over. A cheap ebay fuel pressure gauge could be fitted as an alternative and should show a steady 3 bar when the engine is cranking.

Unplugging the ECU will not cause it to loose its settings. If you have sparks then the ecu is recognising cranking from the crank sensor and is sending an earth signal to the coils. It should also therefore be sending an earth signal to the injectors causing them to fire. Both coil and injectors are wired with an ignition live supply and get an earth signal from the ecu to fire them.

Nigel

Guest mcramsay

The first thing some one knows what they are doing is going to do is unplug a fuel line, route into a bottle and see if fuel comes out when the ignition is switched on, and then again when cranking.

If it doesn't that is your problem. Really easy thing to check.

All running engine needs air, spark fuel and compression. The engine was running before hand so you can discount compression, and if you have not played with vaccum hoses or the maf sensor on the engine then air can be discounted aswell. You have proved you have a spark so the last thing to check is fuel under pressure. You could have an empty fuel tank and a faulty gauge showing full!

Guest 2b cruising

I had a starting problem with my 2b after working under dash.

After spending many many hours trying to trace the fault I found a spare hidden switch.

Flicked it over and my car started immediately.

I was not told of the home made hidden immobiliser when I naught the car from a guy in Leeds.

Managed to spend some more time on the 2b looks like the fuel regulator is not opening if I put easy start down intake it fires but dies can I still get hold of a regulator

Guest 2b cruising

Couple of things to check first.

Sneaky gauze filter in the tank on the end of the sender until

Horrible small filter fitted before high pressure pump in fuel line.

Both can lead to problems, especially the small line filter.

Guest mcramsay

The regulator sits at the end of the fuel rail and keeps a constant pressure on the rail When the pump is running. It should return a small amount of fuel back to the tank.

From what you are describing I think you believe that the fuel travels from the pump, through the regulator and then to the injectors. This is not normally the case.

It should be fuel pump, into the fuel rail via a filter and then into the regulator.

If you believe the regulator is stuck closed its more likely there is no fuel getting to the regulator to make it open and bleed excess pressure back to the tank.

You need to confirm the fuel pump is operating and actually moving fuel around. Both high pressure and low pressure pumps.

Thanks mr mcramsey on the regulator there is a small diameter pipe from the intake I presumed this to be a vacuum pipe to open and clpse the regulator am I right or wrong

Guest mcramsay

As stated above the vaccum pipe only comes into play to compensate for large changes in inlet vacuum.

check the fuel pump as I said in my previous post and feed back the results

Guest mcramsay

It is possible to check the injectors, but first you NEED to confirm you have fuel flowing around the system, there is no point doing anything else until you can confirm that.