Rev Counter

Guest oldman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clutching at straws i noticed the fuel gauge was on all the time so fitted a battery isolater and a proper shelf for the ecu now the car will not start checked every thing i have a call out for a auto electrician

so fitted a battery isolater and a proper shelf for the ecu

If the car was running, you do work and after it won't run then it's reasonable at first to suspect the changes you made are to blame. Carefully examine each and every one of them. Incidently does the fuel gauge now return to zero?

I would guess that a replacement ECU should have the same part number and you will need the ignition key chip from the car the ECU came from for the immobiliser.

Nigel

Thanks for answers looks like i have messed up the key is not a chipped one does the ecu need programming if i remove power from it, i have checked every thing i did and all is good

It is possible to get an ECU with the coding removed so this may have been done with your current ECU and maybe it doesn't need a chipped key. Or as above chip coil and key are taped up and hidden away.

Or maybe EEC-1V doesn't have a chipped key.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder

Guest mcramsay

Before you start to panic and convince your self the ecu is faulty. Take a step back, what have you done to to the car to end up with the non start fault? Go over everything you have played with and make sure it's all correct. Have you played with any electrics and left a supply or earth disconnected?

If you can't find anything then check the basics, have you got a spark? Are you getting fuel?

Guest mcramsay

So if you have spark then the ecu must be functioning. As it uses the crank position sensor to work out ignition timing and thus sends a signal for fire the appropriate coil pack. You have fuel at the rail but is it under pressure or just residual of what is in the pipe, you should feel / hear the fuel pump pulse for a few seconds when you go to ignition on. On the key. If the pump is working correctly and you are getting spark then check you are getting a supply voltage on the injectors. I still do not think you have an ecu fault, but possibly an immobiliser fault which is cutting the injectors / fuel pump supply voltage.