Aaaaaaaaarrrhhh*@*@*@*******

tractor

wanted to get the car MOT before i started on the winter mods one of the steering rack gaiters had split so ordered a febi universal one *@*@*@* ripped it trying to get it on then remembered i changed the other side last year and had to take steering rack off to do it oh well have to start the winter mods as is

And it passed emistions test well under the limit the brake test was a bit different he didnt want to chance putting it in the rollers so had to drive round the block with the mot guy in passenger seat with a divice calculating the braking force weird but it passed

Guest Ian & Carole

And it passed emistions test well under the limit the brake test was a bit different he didnt want to chance putting it in the rollers so had to drive round the block with the mot guy in passenger seat with a divice calculating the braking force weird but it passed

The old decelarometer, that's all we had to test brakes back in the dark ages when I was a MOT tester!!

Tapley-Brake-Meter.jpg

The old tapley!!

Edited by Ian & Carole

Guest 2b cruising

There is an older type than that with a pendulum that swings as you brake. Even though it is an older system it is more accurate as it shows up even mild left or right pull.

The readings are on an old compression tester type chart that the bottom point on the swinging arm marks. The radius of the marker is kept at a constant by the card holder being a half radius.