Pinto Power

Guest Jay Paul

Guest Jay Paul

at long last we are on the right track

carbs are all back together and are back on and running although they need new idler jet holders or what ever they are called as the carbs are off a Alfa they dump to much fuel in on idle so no pick up

anyway back to important stuff so when it went there running like crap it just made 100 bhp and struggled and that is 2 bhp more than a good standard motor and today it made 115at the wheels / 142 at the fly and 167lb of torque which im happy with although there is more to come as the rotar arm has got a rev limiter built in and for some reason it kicks in @ 5350 rpm ffs so thats been binned

so for me thats a massive increase and as he said its a different car completely although i do think the head may come off when i do strip it for the winter and take it down and get a little work done on it

anyway all in all a good day and the hood lives again just cant drive it as of yet

Guest mower man

Good head work would give you considerably more , lose the valve guides in the ex ports add bronze guides , equalze the chambers ,hi shine polish is not a good feature ! my 2.1 made sim figs but on a single 38 dgas and was treat to drive ! mick :crazy: