Web Page Banner

alanrichey

While I think the Web Page banner is a good idea, it's a bit unfortunate that all 3 events on it are now long gone so it doesn't look very professional. Could I suggest that apart from striving to keep it up to date (Happy to take on that responsibility if a volunteer is needed) that we also use it as type of 'sticky' area where we can also link to posts that the Commitee think everyone should read ? And maybe other useful links to answers to questions that come up regularly, such as how to use Photobucket to post pictures.

• Like 3

how about updating the site so you can upload more than 1mb pictures! I go on a lot of free forums and websites where you can up load directly to the page without having to have a "photobucket" account (I dont and wont)

I'm sure it cant be that difficult can it,

if it's about room on a server then maybe theres a lot of old post's that could be deleted especially in the for sale section!

also is there a way to delete my own post's?

just my 2 pennies worth :(

Alan, you're quite right and it's something I've been meaning to sort but keep forgeting or something else on the forum crops up which draws my attention away.....

Ivan, regards your comment regards deleting post - the club forum held a vote on this 18months (or so) ago and we have implemented what was voted for (you can only delete after a set amount of time from post but I can't remember exactly how long that time period is).

Regards the photo size - to be honest your post is the first I've seen complaining about the current set-up. I'm not sure what's involved in changing the forum or the extent of others feeling the same as yourself?

Perhaps someone could take on writing a "How-To" post on resizing or uploading pics to photo hosting sites that others can follow, this can then be referenced in the forum message or users struggling can be directed to it.

Happy to do that as long as no-one else wants to do it.

Being able to update and edit the banner would involve full admin rights as it's a 3rd party hook that's well hidden in the forum admin tools set. Volunteers to take over the admin role are always welcome.

Wasn't looking to take admin rights, you do too good a job :) But happy to take on a coordinating role and PM suggestions as to what should be displayed. Maybe once a week ?

More than one forum administrator would be good and take some of the pressure off Rob, it is important that members understand that the forum is run voluntary as is the whole club.

Thought there was 3 souls in Admin Dept. ??