1997 Robin Hood S7

Guest Darren2010

Guest Darren2010

I have decided to sell my Robin Hood S7 I need to start doing more on my Westfield, and I'm not doing it because I have the Hood to drive. It has a 2ltr Pinto with a 32/36 Webber, and five speed type 9 gearbox, adjustable Gaz shockers on rear, Spax on the front. I've done loads of work over the couple of years I've owned her. Including narrowing the tunnel to fit better seats and put bracing underneath to strengthen the tub. There's too much to mention all at once. I have lots of pictures to document all the work done. I travelled 1100 miles around the Highlands last year with the Mrs. And the car didn't let me down once.

The paint work is in need of attention as expected for the age. MOT till June 2017

I would like £3000 but also invite offers.

Anything I've forgotten please ask me.

Guest Pauljordan

Hi, I have an S7 and have been told that it is not possible to narrow the tunnel? I would be very interested in how you achieved this? Any pics or advice would be very welcome.

Cheers PJ.

It is possible to modify any part of the monocoque cars what you need to understand is that the tunnel and outer folded sides are integral to the strength of the cars

You can't just cut and move any of these areas without replacing the lost strength as the original configuration of folded panels has an element of stiffness built in.

I would suggest that the tunnel would need a frame fitting from boot floor through to engine bulkhead.

My modifications for SVA are well documented and it proved to me the Monocoques are marginal at best.

If I was to do a car like this again I would use a Haynes roadster rear diff carrier and double wishbone frame with a central spine along the tunnel meeting with a frame at the bulkhead

Under floor ladder would connect the rear suspension frame to the front bulkhead and also connect inboard with the tunnel frame.

Most of this could be modular

• Like 1