Seats

squashy76

I can't find direct reference to this in the IVA manual. There is an indirect reference in the seat strength section in which it mentions non adjustable seats but doesn't specify front or back. There is also a reference in general construction, section 2 which could be applied.

2. When driven, the safe control of the vehicle must not be impaired or likely to be impaired, due to design/construction feature or characteristic.

Your car may be unlikely to be driven by someone other than you but it could be argued that in an emergency a non adjustable driving seat may impair safe control of the vehicle by another person. Personally I would fit runners to the drivers seat for my own comfort.

Nigel

• Like 1

The other problem with runners is, that they lift up the seat an inch or so, and unless you're a short-arse, you could find yourself with the top of the windscreen frame right in your line of sight.

Florin has an MG Midget frame so it's probably taller & seat runners are a must for us -- Mo is 5'2 & I'm 6'1 -- need some-one to be able to drive home from the pub!!

• Like 2