Are You Having An Affair?

Guest shaggy

So, it goes something like this:-

I bought the wife an A3 over the summer, nice car, good price.

we taxed, mot's and insured the car, runs like a dream, wifey very happy.

Yesterday, she phones me up and asks "are you playing away?"

I replied "Why do you ask?" hence immediately raising suspicion.

"In Portsmouth? she replied (we live in Preston a good 5 hours away.

It turns out we received a parking fine from Portsmouth council.

I can only deduce that the car has been cloned, never thought it would happen to me, but there you go.

So some scrote has been dring about in a perhaps stolen car, that to all intents and purposes is mot'd insured and taxed, but by me and not them.

The car was advertised on autotrader, so the cloner has obviously picked up the reg and decided to fool ANPR cameras by using my plates, so buyers beware, this is quite a growing trend.

So Portsmouth council have been informed and a police crime report has been issued.

Hopefully they will get picked up next time they pass an ANPR camera.

Hopefully as the car is now tagged, I just hope the wife doesn't get pulled next time she passes an ANPR camera.

Message to car cloners - don't be stupid when cloning a car to get a parking fine, or speeding ticket as you have a good chance of spending time at HM's request.

Si

I think she will get stopped.. Especially if she is quite far out of your home area.

We used to get stopped nearly every time we were in Derbyshire, which isn't so far from us actually.

The main issue was they were never really sure why they was stopping us (they said), which became really frustrating.

Message to car cloners - don't be stupid when cloning a car to get a parking fine, or speeding ticket as you have a good chance of spending time at HM's request.

I think the real message to take away here is, after you've done the naughty (speeding/parking fine) don't forget to change your plate for another one ;)

Similar happened to me when I had the disco, and the cloned car was collecting speeding fines all over Blackpool, not to mention a minor fail to stop bump!, Blackpool isn't a long way from my place as well. It was only because I could prove to the old bill when they came knocking, that I was elsewhere in the car at some of the times that it was up to no good.