Who's Robin Hood V8

Guest 2B-EVO

Hi Guys,

Was browsing the forums a few weeks ago and someone posted a video of a Robin Hood V8 just ticking over on a drive, running standard fuel injection plenum - I think it was orange and stainless. I think it was a 2B model. Who's car is it and does the standard 2B bonnet fit without cutting holes in it? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum area.

Cheers

Andy

Hi thanks for the replies - I have read steamers blog but i don't think Steamers is a 2B. I've also had a look for Richy666 posts but can't find the video. Anyone remember seeing it or have a dreamt it. LOL!

Thanks Andy

Guilty.

Yes it's a 2B and no it doesn't fit under the bonnet, although that's the least of the fit issues. Rather than do a write up here, I've prepared an article which hopefully will be run in the magazine starting early next year.

It's booked in to the rolling road on Wednesday so if all goes well, I might have a better video later in the week.

• Like 6

Hi Richy - thank you for the reply. The installation looks superb. The write should be an interesting read. The reason i was studying the video was that i will be looking at an engine swap at some point in the future and currently have a couple of Vauxhall red tops but also have access to a couple of RV8's which i had discounted until i read steamers write up about the large polo mint, but i was hoping not to have to modify the bonnet - although i suppose carburretion may sit lower than the injection plenum?

Cheers

Andy

Simple question....do you want a torquey grunter, or a high revving high HP engine?

A redtop with twin 45s will give 175 bhp, the original 3.5 had about 160 bhp, but the delivery is

completely different. There are good points to both engines.

Try & get a ride in both before you make up your mind.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. As for the engine swap - i'm not really about the HP - car is used more for cruising than track day type driving (plus my little lad is usually in the passenger seat). However my father has always have RV8's and had a few TR7-V8's and the sound even at legal speeds is so addictive. My father currently runs a P38 4.6 Ranger rover and has amassed quite a few spares including engines from 3.5, 4.0 and a low mileage ex-TVR Chimerra engine! So as for the engine swap its probably about ease of swap rather than the figures - but the V8 sound track may just swing it. LOL.

Cheers

Andy

Guest Paul Morgan

Hi Andy,

I built my 2B plus with a RV8 from the start and fitted it all under the bonnet using an Edelbrock (Weber) 4 barrel carb, inlet manifold and 14" low rider filter. Had to shorten the sump an inch or so. But at least no cutting the bonnet.

You can get another few mm reduction in height if you use an offenhauser inlet manifold but you loose a few BHP, not that you'd notice in a hood

I see your in the north west, I'm in Wigan. Drop me a PM if you want to come and look how it fits.

post-2364-0-61839700-1478525403_thumb.jpg

As for the engine swap - i'm not really about the HP - car is used more for cruising than track day type driving

Given that, go for the RV8 all the way. Long legged, lazy cruising, & a deceptive turn of speed.

The Redtop is really exciting, but needs to be buzzed for the best results.

Edited by Bob Tucker