New Grp Cycle Wings, Arches And Nose Cone.

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Hi

I'm in the middle of a full rebuild of a 2nd hand 2B I bought 6 years ago.

the original panels were the ones where the rear arches are made from the stainless panels with a fiberglass end attached.

I have now removed all the exterior panels and have bought new GRP nosecone, cycle wings and rear arches.

Do these fit with the original steel panels?

I have the sliding pillar to wishbone conversion with the new steel panel for that section but I'm not 100% sure of the fitting of the rear arches and if the new nosecone fits to the existing bonnet as the nosecone looks like it differs from the original one.

thanks in advance guys

From what i recall the rear GRP wings sit lower than the 2 piece version. If you look at a superspec like this one http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/images/imgtxt/608/1401103930-2014-04-19%2010.21.56.jpg(not my pic) and then look at a standard 2b http://www.rhocar.org/uploads/garage_images/image_url-3899-1273790417.jpg (again not my pic) you'll see the first pic has a bigger infill panel above the wing and the gap between the wing and the tyre is less. On the 2b the arch is higher and follows the chassis tube.

Either way it needs an infill panel so you'll just have to make one that is slightly deeper for the grp version.

HTH