Eobd Reader

tractor

as my tin top is now cutting out when it goes into limp mode and my old code reader was not picking up any fault codes thought I would try one off ebay only £20 but Vauxhall specific and hey presto came up with four codes

p0087-51 ?????

p0062d-00?????

p0062e-00????

p2413-61 this code looks like egr problem

I did read that one of the codes was low fuel pressure possible leak and I do sometimes get a faint smell of diesel I have had a look for a leak but cant find one ah well carry on pulling my hair out

Looking at my Snap On code reader

p0087-51 Fuel Rail Low Pressure

Fuel Filter or Fuel Tank Screen Blocked

Check for kinked fuel lines

Remove Check for Wear or replace the fuel pump

Check for faulty fuel pressure sensor

p0062d + p0062e (both related) Heater Control circuit Bank2

Failed exhaust gas recirculation valve

Open/short circuit in exhaust gas recirculation valve circuit or loose connector contact

Failed engine-ECU

P2413-61 Exhaust Gas Recirculation

Check for clogged passages or defective EGR sensors

Thanks for the replies I have cleaned the egr and pipe and map sensor when I took the egr out I checked for the other o ring which is supposed to be at the bottom of the egr but there wasn't one I am guessing this may be the problem but can't seem to find it listed anywhere so looks like a visit to vauxhall main dealer

Well fitted the washer not an oring £5 for the washer and £27 for the egr gasket crist vauxhall no how to over charge

But I am getting there three fault codes now repaired which leaves just one p0087 which comes back as low fuel rail pressure so off to eurocarparts tomorrow for fuel filter it's a long shot but worth a try also have a fuel rail pressure sensor on order just hope it's not the high pressure pump £££££££££ ouch

• 4 weeks later...

just been trying to replace the fuel pressure regulator but gave up to awkward and to cold will have to wait for a warmer day but i did find a damp patch near the high pressure pipe from the pump to the fuel rail checked the fuel rail end and got a full turn on the nut so not as tight as it should have been