Insurance Frustrations

Guest colsmac

Guest colsmac

I would just like to let people know of this frustrating renewal with new insurers, A Plan. I'll keep this short and to the point.

Received a call from insurance brokers, A Plan that my new insurance had an additional charge of approx £38.

Why?... you did not inform us of a claim on 31st December 2015?

I didn't enter a claim, only inform my Van insurers that someone had run into the rear of my van causing minor damage and that he wanted to pay for the repair himself. I only notified my insurer Provident, to protect myself....just in case he didn't stick to his word.

Of course I countered with A Plan that there was no insurance pay out and the chap had settled the repair bill of £350, so why is this a claim?

Apparently, this "claim" has been registered with CUE database, "Highway" the underwriters had said, because I did not tell A Plan of this "claim" I have been charged an additional £38.

A Plan had recommended that I call Provident to prove this and email/letter to the fact . Provident stated that, 1. This was a non fault incident. 2. It was for information purposes only. 3.No record of monies were paid. Provident also confirmed that this information was on the CUE database. This was all completed. A Plan called back, to say that the document had been received but they still wanted £38.

I'm sure that you can imagine, I was beginning to lose it now. There was never a "claim" only information to protect me. Why was I being penalised for wanting to protect myself? Yes, but you did not tell us, of this event? Even tho there was no monetary value to insurers?

After much arguing with the third customer service agent, he said he would talk to his manager..........that only after I told him that I was a member of RHOCAR and Westfield Kit car clubs.

They dropped the charge of £38.

Oh, by the way, the insurers said that this information cannot be removed from CUE database.

I had renewed my van insurance in September, with no calls from them regarding this so called "claim".

It's left a bitter taste to say the least. I doubt this will ever happen to me again so thought this experience could be helpful to others?

I recently had someone do a carpark hit and run to my jeep around a £1000 worth, before the jeep was back from the body shop my van insurance (which cost less than £300 different company) wrote me saying they wanted another £700+ because I'd had a claim! and hadn't told them! would of been cheaper to have payed the body shop myself!!.

apparently because they (the insurance mafia) couldn't claim the money from anyone else it's my fault!!! *bleep* off or what!!! and all my premiums will go up again at renewal even with protected no claims!!, I currently have 4 vehicle policies.

one piece of good to come out of it is I've found that Saga insurance have a question "hit whilst parked (third party unknown)" and their a lot cheaper than any other quote I've had.

probably don't do kit cars though

Thanks for letting us know. Apparently the CUE database holds info on reported incidents that may or may not give rise to a claim. As insurance companies can see both claims and non-claim incidents I'm going to make sure that ALL my insurance companies get told of any incidents.