Battery Type

Guest mark little

Guest mark little

Alright all, trying to sort out a conditioner, can't make out if my battery is lead acid or lithium ion, I don't know how the hell they got it in that hole but I certainly can't get it back out. The only clue is that it's a Lion battery which may be lithium ion shortened. Does anyone know their batteries out there?

Cheers Mark

According to google Lion is or was a brand name for lead acid batteries stocked by eurocarparts. Wether all Lion brand batteries are lead acid or they make some Lithium ion ones as well I don't know. I would have thought any car with a Li-ion battery in it would be plastered with caution/danger stickers proclaiming only use the approved charger/never use a standard battery charger/always keep a fire extinguisher handy/consider emigrating/etc.

Nigel

Guest mark little

That's the trouble, the battery is in a carpeted fibre glass box fixed to the car at the front of the passengers foot well, all you can see are the terminals and a little bit of the top no idea what's in it or what amp hours it is, bit of research required I think.

Cheers Mark

Guest jhfozzy

I'm 99.9% sure Lion has never sold Li-ion batteries, as mentioned above it's a Base spec battery sold by Euro car parts.

Can you see the filler caps on top of the battery? If so, it's lead acid.