Oil In Windscreen Washer Bottle

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

Right so 4 years ago when I was working in my old mans garage I drained some oil out and decanted into a suitable container, this happened to be an empty bottle of windscreen wash. Obviously never got around to disposing of said oil as 4 years later my old man decided to pour a nice amount into the washer bottle on his 2014 Mercedes M class before he realised it was oil ( for the life of me I can't work out how he couldn't see it was oil) anyway, short of removing the washer bottle which is buried deep in the engine bay is there anything I can run through the system to clean it out which won't nacker the washer pump / cause the hoses to perish?

Guest Gargoil

I would be tempted to run a load of soapy water (washing-up liquid) through the bottle and pipes. Protect the paintwork if poss and use a drip tray. A bit of hose pipe, down in to the bottle so that the soap gets to the bottom and forces the oil out.

+1 for soapy water.

If you can reach it disconnect the pipe from the washer jet & pump into a container.

But to be honest given the safety implications I'd remove the reservoir for a through clean

with a bottle brush if at all possible.

Guest mower man

Blimey Mick, you're brave! or single?

Not single , but understanding wife, have cleaned many things inc cartridge cases for black powder rifles , pistol parts , coolant o/flow tanks but not been caught :crazy: :rofl: :diablo: mick