What A Week

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I know they say man flu is made up and men just can't handle it but this week has really taken things to a new level for me! I got a flight home from a skiing holiday on Saturday last week, and there was a lady behind me sneezing a lot,and I remember thinking that's me getting a cold! And then I thought no more of it, on the Monday I went to work and started to feel a little ill through out the day. Woke up Tuesday morning with the worst flue symptoms I've ever had and couldn't get out of bed all day, Wednesday night I had a temperature of 39.5 and had a really rough night, woke up on Thursday morning feeling better. However at around 4pm on Thursday I began to get really cold to the point where my lips went blue, however I had a temperature of 40 degrees now, feeling very lifeless and confused, this prompted my misses to call 111 who advised I should go to A&E, the walk from the waiting area to see the doctor then prompted a massive hot flush / hyperventilating.... at the end of it the doc said I have the flu & a nasty chest infection and has given me some antibiotics. I've had the flu before but never experienced anything like this before. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!