Insurance Time Grr!

speedtripledan

That time of year again, except this year is a bit of problem. I already had a no fault accident from 2014 and points from 2013, made no real differance to my premiums. 2016 was a bad year I had a fault claim and was hit by an uninsured moron, due to my dash cam i was proved not at fault and also it stuffed the moron who hit us ( he didn't stop) so this year's insurance has been a pig!!!

Mx5 was 1st problem most of the company's offering classic or cherished wouldn't insure me on it, A plan quoted £1800 !! Went with a company called rcib they were cheapest at a shade under £300 but I wish I hadn't what a useless bunch of ass holes !! Avoid at all cost. Yesterday I needed to insure the kit for dyno day, the stylus has always been insured with a plan so rang them, no can do for the aforementioned mx5 issues, rang flux,no answer after a 1min so hung up, then tried together. rang them back in January and got a got quote of £170 with all of the above taken into account, rang them answered in under 1min went through the quote again changed some details ie value, agreed value supercharger 5000miles etc £200 all in they were a pleasure to deal with even waved credit card charge. Top marks together insurance...

• Like 1

insurance companies blaming people for no fault claims really gets my back up

I know where you are coming from but you have to remember it is 'no claim' not 'no blame'. If the insurer had to pay out, it will be taken into account, regardless of who was responsible.

Thing is they penalise you even when the other side pay out. I had a car hit while parked and other parties insurance paid out. Car was then stolen when it came back from repair. Insurance tripled when I got a quote for a replacement! Take out either claim, the no fault or the theft, and the premium barely changed from what I had already been paying. Only positive out of that whole situation was I ended up buying a triumph spitfire and daily driving it for the summer :)

Bunch of con artists the lot of them! I recently enquired with my insurer about being covered on a courtesy car whilst mine was being repaired (repaired was not the right word to use as it sent them flapping!). Its in for engine repair work due to a design issue from manufacture. However, I disagree with their £1500 excess on courtesy cars for dealer insurance and apparently, my own insurance might cover it.

Anyway, they started flapping saying I need to declare all incidents regardless of fault or claims or intention to repair etc and its against the law to not declare and it would invalidate insurance etc etc. Took 15 minutes to get through to explain I was not making a claim nor had an accident/incident and it was basically warranty work which provided me with a courtesy car. No doubt I got a flag against my account now!

The whole industry seems corrupt to me and they know you have limited options in terms of paying or not. This very same insurer waited a month into my policy to contact me saying to update my claim, apparently they have a subcategory that was left blank by the comparison website, meant I got hit with an extra £180 on top of the £750 already paid! Out of the cooling off period to cancel without fees and I couldn't ignore it as they'd cancel the policy. Over a barrel was the term I used, they laughed and took my card details. Already have the auto-renew struck off my account!

• Like 1

System is bleep anyway, I used to drive 70k a year as a service engineer. Never had any incidents in the 15yrs I did that. 70k x 15yrs is over a million miles. That is more than most people do in a life time yet the person who does 3k a year still gets the same 1yr no claims bonus... whole system needs a total overhaul

I must admit I'm concerned at what my next premium will be after my Cobra crash. I can't praise AFlux enough. Been painless so far and had agreed value in my account within 3 weeks of accident.

What concerns me is even though it's going on other driver ( police prosecuting him) it's gonna be months before it's finally sorted. In the mean time I'm in limbo and tintop renewal will go up.... a lot for no fault of mine. Grrrr

No claims protection is a waste of time as they just load the initial premium instead...

My experience with flux is that a non fault claim will be treated as a fault claim until sorted, even if the other party has admitted liability. Not sure how that affects other vehicles, but my renewal was massive with no guarantee of a refund.

My experience with flux is that a non fault claim will be treated as a fault claim until sorted, even if the other party has admitted liability. Not sure how that affects other vehicles, but my renewal was massive with no guarantee of a refund.

Unfortunately that's pretty much industry wide I'm afraid. Until the claim is settle either way both partied involved would have the incident classed as fault.

Regards,

Dan.

That time of year again, except this year is a bit of problem. I already had a no fault accident from 2014 and points from 2013, made no real differance to my premiums. 2016 was a bad year I had a fault claim and was hit by an uninsured moron, due to my dash cam i was proved not at fault and also it stuffed the moron who hit us ( he didn't stop) so this year's insurance has been a pig!!!

Mx5 was 1st problem most of the company's offering classic or cherished wouldn't insure me on it, A plan quoted £1800 !! Went with a company called rcib they were cheapest at a shade under £300 but I wish I hadn't what a useless bunch of ass holes !! Avoid at all cost. Yesterday I needed to insure the kit for dyno day, the stylus has always been insured with a plan so rang them, no can do for the aforementioned mx5 issues, rang flux,no answer after a 1min so hung up, then tried together. rang them back in January and got a got quote of £170 with all of the above taken into account, rang them answered in under 1min went through the quote again changed some details ie value, agreed value supercharger 5000miles etc £200 all in they were a pleasure to deal with even waved credit card charge. Top marks together insurance...

Apologies we couldn't help with this one, sometimes adverse history can cause issues for us.

Clare