Oil Catch Tank

Matt brown

Was looking for some advice as don't want to cause an issue by trying to improve somthing.

Iv bought a oil catch tank

DSC_1146.jpgimage free hosting

Iv routed the rocker cover breather into one inlet and the crack case breather into the other inlet

DSC_1154.jpgfree upload

The question is does the oil catch tank need a breather as it currently doesn't have one. I don't want to be forcing oil vapour from the rocker cover into the crack case as the rocker seems to have more pressure than the crack, or is it ok as a sealed unit with no breather.

Engine is a 2.1 pinto

Thanks Matt

On the 2B I had a catch tank and filter in the same place as you, just from the crank though.

I ditched it in the end and just ran a 4" long pipe to the ground because the smell of oil did my head in.

Andi

Guest mower man

I modded the cam cover a hole at the rear and ran a non vented cap with a 1 litre+ capacity catch tank with 2 entries and a breather with filter no problems with smell and cleaned it after every decent run out . The whole conversion was less than most of the catch tanks being offered now, this was on a warm 2.1[ 145bhp] driven with gusto ! mick