Zero Cutting Out

Guest oshiney2

Guest oshiney2

hi guys for those who were at the Highland run last year will remember me breaking down all the time. we'll I still have the problem I have change the coil pack/ plugs/leads/in line fuel filter/ fuel regulator all new parts my mechanic thought he had solved it and when it broke down today again we changed the relay the feeds the fuel line but no joy the either so back to the drawing board. it must just be something simple so i went out today to test started of well but about 50 miles in I could hear the exhaust change tone I new what was going to happen when I tried to accelerate no joy I think it's a starvation of fuel the whole car just shuts down after a while it's starts again as if nothing had happened,although when restating I kept my foot hard on the throttle it was puffin and banging as though I was forcing fuel through which seemed to work it went back to full throttle and I got home going up to the machanic tonight to try something else WHAT THE HEll ISIT HELP IF YOU CAN ?? (((

Guest mcramsay

Have you got a fuel filter going into the low pressure pump? I would check for blockages/dodgy lp pump. I had similar issues with mine until I put a pre filter on the LP pump... I did also find a glob of silicone sealant wedged in the pump shuttle which was the actual cause of the pump not working

i had a similar problem turned out the way i had routed the new fuel pipe around engine caused fuel starvation when engine got hot it would start missing a bit and loose power it would tick over but would not rev

and also wot richy said

Can you name the component parts of your fuel supply system. ie. £1 no name ebay prefilter, facet redtop interruptor pump, ebay swirlpot, bosch 004 HP pump, vaux corsa fuel HP microfilter or whatever.

Please don't let this be the standard facet bullet filter in use! Does sound typical. (And they can do it from brand new if you get a grubby load of fuel from a garage.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder

Guest oshiney2

took the car out for another test drive 90 miles no issues could it have just been that simple !! anyway getting another long run on saturday 240 miles in all so fingers crossed