Help: Front Brakes

Guest lotusPaul

Thats expulsion talk Dino, we'll have less talk about Slush boxes if you could be so kind. 4 on the floor is way forward.(ok 5s n 6s are acceptable too)😂😂😂😂😂

Floor mounted pedal box in mine, done 2 Scotland tours with it. No issues with comfortattachicon.gif8iWWNclQty.jpg

Dan, so for me its just a case to reroute the braided lines to the new locations where the cylinders will be?

Considering all my cylinders and etc. are all located at top of engine bay area and working, I think I'll stick with Dave's set-up until it breaks and concentrate on the driving this summer :)

Had a fantastic day & bonding session with the JAG2B yesterday driving over to our new warehouse in Leicester.

Bloody freezing at 06:00 in the morning, but well worth the country lane drive home on the evening in the sunshine....

Im guessing spark issues sorted Dino?

Nah....First 10 minutes in the freezing cold morning was nice and quiet (except the burble of the exhausts).

Then as the engine got warmer & warmer it gradually got worse with the backfiring, popping coming from the near side exhaust again.

So still need to do a bit more investigating.

I thought I heard the same exhaust phut, phuting a bit, like a slight air leak, but need to look at it in detail one night.

But doesn't make logical sense, as metal expands and I would assume the hotter the exhaust got, then the better it would get (not the other way round). :sorry:

Guest lotusPaul

I know its the wrong thread, but as were here, you could try fitting new exhaust gaskets and putting a straight edge on the faces to check for true. But im still convinced you have other issues. As your running Emerald can you interigate the faulty cylinder and confirm phasing of injector and sparking. I still think valve seals may need looking at too. I hope its not a set of rings, compression test them.

Guest lotusPaul

I know its the wrong thread, but as were here, you could try fitting new exhaust gaskets and putting a straight edge on the faces to check for true. But im still convinced you have other issues. As your running Emerald can you interigate the faulty cylinder and confirm phasing of injector and sparking. I still think valve seals may need looking at too. I hope its not a set of rings, compression test them.

Lots of jobs and too little time as usual, but thanks for the info.

I will check for leaks

Get a crash course on emerald 'puter management.

Then when my compression tester returns, look at the feedback from it.

Meantime, make good use of the few sunny daze :rofl:

Guest lotusPaul

Yea roger that, ive taken the Elan for a few runs in the sun. Its developed a few issues tho, only likes to be reved hard in 2nd and 3rd. Gutted