Bugger

tractor

I'm sorry but I still don't get it. Can't work out how the occurrence of symptoms as quoted, 'wow wot a difference that made (VVT) until i hit the rev limiter then started missing and i have lost compression on cylinder two' fits with your findings and remedy. My feeling and I suspect your initial feeling was that the engine had suffered an 'event' (unknown) but the low compression on 2 doesn't really qualify. Certainly a problem and now sorted but keep casting a critical eye on other bits, electrical or fuel that may not be quite right.

Nigel

yes i already tried fuel and spark lots of spare COP;s and plugs also swapped injectors round whilst swapping things the fault always stayed on number two cylinder then did a compression test to find cylinder 2 was 50 percent less than the other cylinders so now the compression sorted the original fault may still be there could be wiring could be the ECU

well yeeeeeeeehhhhaaaaaaa god dammmmm it slap my face with a wet fish

its done just been round the block a couple of times its a bit rattly cos ive got the tappet buckets slightly wrong but better a bit rattly than not closing fully 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

• Like 3

You probably already know all the exhaust cam followers are the same size. Inlet followers come in a range of pre-ground sizes. No shims. Right pain in the butt if you get them shuffled. Glad compression restore has sorted it.

Nige

got out today did about thirty miles didnt thrill me still a bit of work to do but at least it reliable when i got back checked a few things and found inlet cam wasnt set properly so have re done that its a bit trick cos when you tighten the cambelt adjuster up it tends to move the inlet cam a little so bit of jiggery pokery and got it set correct