Bugger

tractor

Guest mcramsay

I found the emerald self mapping function took a while to settle in as it looks at the afr target table And depending on how long you spend in each load site starts to adjust, I set it quite coarse to start with and it gradually required less and less adjustment. Nothing compared to a good rolling road session.

It's always going to need some human input to make sensible decisions on smoothing out the table etc, but have been impressed by what I've been able to do with a combination of the auto tune and manual adjustments. Agree though you'll never get as good a tune on the road as you can on a dyno.

Guest lotusPaul

I found the emerald self mapping function took a while to settle in as it looks at the afr target table And depending on how long you spend in each load site starts to adjust, I set it quite coarse to start with and it gradually required less and less adjustment. Nothing compared to a good rolling road session.

Do you need an emerald map?

wot is sensible afr target been trying to find out . the tuner studio does a calculation and comes out at 14.7 but is this only good for tickover should it rise with with rpm ie more revs more fuel higher afr

Afr will depend on multiple factors but 13.5 is a good target. The only way to get your car right is dyno time, it took over 4hrs to get mine right on the rollers. Cost me £200 for the last 4hr session.

map 1 targets around 13.5 map 2 is leaner around 14.5 for fuel economy when cruising.

Guest mcramsay

I know you are not running emerald, but if you download there software and a Zetec map you can nick their afr table for auto learning. Even if you download the manual it shows an rpm vs load site table with what they would set as good Target AFR's just take the values and make your table look similar.

As Stuart says, your readings are pretty normal.

Here's the important bit from the gobbleydook...

Bosch state that most spark ignition engines develop their maximum power at air/fuel ratios of 12.5:1 - 14:1, maximum fuel economy at 16.2:1 - 17.6:1, and good load transitions from about 11:1 - 12.5:1. However, in practical applications, engine air/fuel ratios at maximum power are often richer than the quoted 12.5:1, especially in forced induction engines where the excess fuel is used to cool combustion and so prevent detonation.