Manchester 2B

Guest Howleybar

Guest Howleybar

Have been looking through Alan's blog, looks fantastic all be it a little daunting for someone with very little mechanical knowledge. Must admit it's a worry thinking I might be faced with numerous mechanical issues and not a clue where to start, hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew

Cheers

Chris

Some points from the photos.

1. The catalytic converter appears to have been removed from before the exhaust baffle (mot fail).

2. I assume the windscreen wipers work properly (probably parked for the photos in the rain).

3. Box on rear boot, obscures rear view mirror - is it detachable?

4. Front indicators too short and side repeaters questionable - in my IVA this would have been a fail. I hope it's not a clone - ask the owner what the chassis number is (or part of it and check with Alan - as they all had a similar numbering format).

-steve

Hi Chris, sorry for butting in, but I'm considering selling my 2B, it's been on the rhocar seen for a few years now, so a lot of members have seen it and could possibly give their views on it, it's a 2ltr pinto under the bonnet, excellent runner and now very reliable, not to worry if your not interested, just thought I'd mention it

Cheers Ivan

Guest Howleybar

Hi ivan , I've sent you a message. Thanks again everyone I'll do a list of everything mentioned, and mowerman has agreed to join me so should be in safe hands

Thank you all

Chris

Edited by Howleybar

Have been looking through Alan's blog, looks fantastic all be it a little daunting for someone with very little mechanical knowledge. Must admit it's a worry thinking I might be faced with numerous mechanical issues and not a clue where to start, hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew

Cheers

Chris

I was the same as you when I started, hadn't touched a car in 50 years. But with the help of this forum and a friendly local mechanic I am now totally comfortable doing all the things you have seen on the blog. Buying it was the best thing I ever did.