Well I've Done It

Guest Howleybar

Guest Howleybar

Well after spending a very enjoyable couple of hours with Ivan (the terrible) and Mick (mowerman) I've taken the plunge and purchased Ivan's very nice 2b. A lot of the conversation could of been in Chinese as I hadn't a clue what was being said. I've signed up and paid as a full member and looking forward to my first meet. Thought I'd warn you lot as i will definitely be pleading for help and advice in the future. I can't offer much but if anyone is running events and requires first aid cover, as a paramedic I'm more than happy to return favours. I'd just like to thank Mick yet again for his company and advice, he's a true gent and pleasure to spend time with. Hope this is a long and fruitful journey and I look forward to meeting more members

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

CONGRATULATIONS you have made the PLUNGE you coughed up and joined the BEST Kit Car Club for advice and assistance.

I too joined prior to buying my Car :) and without the excellent HELP and understanding from phenomenal people who belong to this Club I would not have my Car.

Just make the most of the Camaraderie that will undoubtedly be offered by all and sunrdy.

ENJOY Stay SAFE and Well Please

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Quarks7

MarkBzero is spot on Howleybar.

Lightweight rear wheel drive cars can loose traction/grip with enthusiastic use of the throttle. Pls don't take that as a warning though mate? Think of it more as an invitation to loads of fun! ;0)

Edited by Quarks7

Hi Chris,

As others have said, you've got a really car there!

Being in Bakewell, you're only down the road from me so if you have any problems etc.....I'm more than happy to pop over to lend a hand, or alternatively you're more than welcome to come over to me in Ripley.

Guest Howleybar

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to my first meet. Might be asking some of you guys for a bit of help sooner than anticipated, the choke cable needs re routing as its rubbing through on the front belt, also the dash mounted ignition unit just spins when I turn the key, it won't tighten up with the locking nut behind the dash, caused a small issue as I think a wire or two have come loose and shorted, rpm and speedo not working. Going to have a look tomorrow, might need some advice if at all possible

Cheers

Chris

You've broken it already?

Simple to fix, pull choke cable away from the belt and secure with a cable tie,

All the wires are on spade connectors just work your way through them,

Also welcome to the world of kit cars

Plenty of help and advice on here,

You'll soon be an expert,

If you get stuck give me a txt and I'll see if I can help

Ivan