Does Anybody Know This Reg

Guest jelleyhead

Guest jelleyhead

Hi all a bloke in my area has his RH up for sale the reg is GRB80IC

Just seeing if anybody knows this car .

Am interested in having a look at it just wanted some history on it before I make a move.

Download the app Vehicle Smart and check the reg.

It comes up as a triumph sports from '65

Good mot history with no advisories since 2013 so probably well maintained.

I'd be a bit concerned about the description of triumph as it isn't correctly registered.

Others here might be able to shed more light .

Guest jelleyhead

Thanks for the info.

If Matt sold it on around 2 mths ago i find it strange that the new buyer would sell it on so soon.

Do you know what he sold it for the bloke has it up for £4000

It's a robin hood s7 monocoque. Loads of paperwork with it but no IVA/sva and you probably wouldn't be able to get it through now. Running a 2.1 pinto on bike carbs, digital dash. Wrapped in carbon. Guy's I sold it to wanted it for a bit of fun and project as they lived near a track.

Had a new rebuilt engine around 6 months before I got it.

Surprised he didn't bin it on the first corner he took as he booted it soon as he got the corner.

Got a phone call later that night saying the Speedo didn't seem to be accurate as he was doing 100mph and his mate was having to do 120mph to keep up also said you really have to boot it to get it sideways around corners.

Guest jelleyhead

Ye he has it up for £4000

He said he's put a new starter motor on it new air filter looks like an old filter to me as it's slightly faded.

And just mot it.

Guest jelleyhead

So he's give it a good hammering by the sounds of it.

Ye he lives in corby so i would think he might have taken it to rockingham speedway.

Thanks for the info

It had a new starter when it had the new engine fitted so unlikely he's fitted another new one maybe a solenoid as it was abit sticky. The air filter did have a small hole over cylinder 1 due to a occasional backfire through the carb. So maybe got another and it did need a MOT I probably sold it for more than it was worth to be honest. Due to the registration it is not worth 4k I watched a few on eBay which were correctly registered and they didn't even make 3k. Also due to age of the registration it was tax exempt which made you a tax evader due to it not being a 1965 car

Do what I should have and regretted not doing and

WALK AWAY DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!