Vibration Through Car At 2500Rpm

churchy

Hi, on the way back from a mot i noticed a vibration through the car. Now from the mot he didn't notice any wheel bearing etc that needed looking at and this can on all of a sudden, after 3000rom the car runs lovely when I freewheel no vibration and this vibration happens in any gear, i did check rear diff and gearbox levels all ok and as soon as I freewheel it stops with in a second or two, when im freewheeling the car is still in gear but no throttle.

I do have a slight problem with number 3 and 4 pro carbonising which a oil on the plugs up which leads to a miss fire, clean plugs up and she's ready to go but this is totally difference to that and i know that I am going to address this when the car is off the road in winter. When car is stationary and i rev she seems ok. Any suggestions would be helpful the vibration which I think may be engine but not sure. This happens when engine and coil is cold as well as hot.

I'm running a 2.1 pinto with standard can and standard carb 32/36 carb was new 3 years ago.

Hope I haven't bored you all to deaf before you can help me.

Cheers Andy

Thanks nigel i was going to check that as well but at moment I have a big so crawling underneath the car is the last thing on my mind, when I am checking my prop uj I should notice a play with the prop in place just by turning it or does the prop has to come out and if so with the prop out could I run the engine and gearbox slowing to eliminate those too.

Thanks for the advice and i will let you know what I find next week when feeling a bit better. As always the club's knowledge and advise is first class.

Cheers Andy

Thankyou guys for the advise looked under car today and the prop uj has gone, which is nice to know that with your help I have traced the problem. Now to the downside is i cannot remove the prop as it is hitting the diff? I have a S7 and the floor is one sheet stainless and removing the tunnel is not an option. So has anyone done this job in the pass, is it drive shafts out and rear diff removed or can I cut the floor to allow a small access panel to assist with dropping the prop enough to pass the diff my only worry with last option sealing the structure any advise would be every helpful. Cheers Andy

Thankyou guys for the advice even if it's not what I want to hear but thought that would be the answere. Two questions engine and gearbox out together or can I strip them out separately as last time I took the engine out there wasn't much room and i don't know weather both will come out together in one.

As for the mot then yes I suppose he should of seen it.

Thankyou guys for the advice as always it is much appreciated. Cheers Andy