Engine Tuning Via Timing

Guest Jtomo

Guest Jtomo

Ok, so i had booked jdmodified near basingstoke to run a rolling road and engine timing on my cars engine. They have let me down and will not let me rebook after i had to cancel due to a funeral....yep thats right, they will not let me rebook as i asked to change the appointment time, or a new date! They replied with, we can not help you further. Unbelievable and incredibly insensitive and rude.

Think i got off lucky if they are like that!

Anyhow, i am now looking for someone whom can tune the engine via the dizzy and timing light, ideally on a rolling road to note the difference and near to Basingstoke near hampshire.

I know a mate whom can tune if i know to what spec, but i have no idea!!!

Anyone know whom could help?

Guest Tim Norman

JD Modified look like a Rice Rocket tuning shop anyway. You may have had a lucky escape, funeral aside.

Is it just timing figure you are after?

To get it somewhere close, get the engine up to temp, slacken the distributer clamp and turn it one way or the other and listen for the revs rising, continue until they stop rising and turn it back a smidge. Tighten the clamp back up and go for a drive.

Edited by Tim Norman