Tt 2017

brumster

I know there's a few 2-wheeled brethren on here so thought I'd share some footage from our trip to the island this year - got back Sunday after a week of rather mixed weather! Could have been better weather but, in all fairness, it could have been worse - they squeezed most of the racing in. Good fun was had :)

• Like 1

Is it worth open top car driving?

(Always looking for road trip ideas)

During TT weeks, I'd say probably not. I mean, if you're die hard, sure, but the roads are rammed, police are everywhere, every campsite and hotel will be full or very expensive to get into and you'll have to book 12 months in advance or earlier.

However, the Isle of Man in general? Absolutely. We've casually discussed the idea at the midlands meet. The place is lovely to visit. Pick one of the 3 weekends when there's a rally taking place and you could link up your holiday with a bit of motorsport too ;)

You've got the main A roads round the island that will be the nicest drives, without fail. The Peel road and the A14 jump to mind but they're all good. You'd also want to take in Sartfell across the mountain, then along Beinn-y-Phott up the mountain course, or else go via the Baldwins (East Baldwin road is one of my favourite parts of a stage!). The A36 and A27 make a nice loop down south too. You can't go wrong with most of the main roads - but be warned, some of the single-track side roads are in pretty bad condition and I'm not sure I'd have fun in a Zero down them... some are real car breakers... Druidale Road across the mountain has lovely views but you would want to take it very easy in a low car like the Zero!!