Help ! New Owner With So Many Questions.

Guest LeTissier

Guest LeTissier

Is there anybody in the Farnborough area, or reasonably local with a complete 2B ?

At long last I have taken delivery of a 75% built 2B, however, none of the panels are attached.

I have trawled YouTube for inspiration on where and how to join the bonnet and dash area but nothing satisfies.

I promise not to take up too much of your time, I just need to get some ideas and maybe take a few photos and close up shots.

With respect, I would have recommended a lot more research before you took the plunge. Buying a part-built project is probably harder than starting from the beginning as you haven't built up any experience.

Is your problem with how to install the panels or where they go on a 2B? 'How' is quite easy (see my blog - link below) but the 'where' I can't personally help you with.

I am in Reigate in Surrey (about an hour from you) and you're welcome to pop round (PM me) - I've got my IVA next week, so not free this weekend to get to you...got some last minute jobs to do.

Guest LeTissier

I think I should put a little more detail down, the car cost me next to nothing. I have just retired at 44 so I have quite a bit of time to build up the knowledge and experience, nothing like a little hands on. If I gain a wealth of knowledge and decide to crush it or sell it then so be it.

I am not allowed to drive for another year so a more local car would be preferable.

Now back to the problem- I would like to look up closely at the finish/join area where the bonnet meets dash area, especially as I am

probably going for the aeroscreen option as apposed to windscreen. Doing the job isn't a problem, just need some ideas.

Guest LeTissier

Thanks for the offer Dave Ed, I am reliant on my wife driving me around at the moment so I need something a little more local.

Kind offer though fella.

Guest LeTissier

Thanks Nelmo, that's probably the best blog I have seen to date. Apart from this one issue the only other gap in my knowledge is the electrical side. There is plenty of info on there, brill.

Thanks Nelmo, that's probably the best blog I have seen to date. Apart from this one issue the only other gap in my knowledge is the electrical side. There is plenty of info on there, brill.

No problem - although very jealous of you retiring at 44 :spiteful: ;)

I think I was very lucky with my electrics - they mostly worked first time. I would recommend Richard's blog (link from mine) - more technical than mine and he knows his electrics...(although always tricky to explain electrics)...

Good luck with the project...

Guest LeTissier

Evening everybody, thank you for the responses so far, so many helpful pointers in such a short period of time. I fear I may have sounded a little flippant when I suggested I may ' scrap' or ' sell' my 2B when I have finished with 'her'. This wont happen, I'm already in love.

Agent zed, I had found this on YouTube and it does lean towards how I see my ideas going, thanks for the link though.

Chris N, I was born and raised in Camberley, you are obviously a man with taste, intelligence and probably good looks ! I really need to look at some examples, can I pop round one day when your beast is finished?

Thanks again to everybody, I have been sent so many links that I would never have found in a month of Sundays.

• 4 weeks later...