Super Spec Spedo Cable

Guest deebee 55

Guest deebee 55

Good morning All ,

can anyone tell me what speedo cable was used on the superspec as i have a chewed up inner and need to replace it , the speedo head is the standard feista , thanks

Guest deebee 55

Hi Alan , i have a fiesta mk 4 here and the cluster is very much the same apart from the odometer is digital however its not the cluster end im concerned with as a lot of fords around that time fitted the same its the other end on the 75 gearbox , just wondered if anyone had changed one and found a fitting for both ends

Reading some old posts on the forum the speedo cable for the Superspec is 7.5ft long (!) and has square drive ends. It's possibly from a Transit. There's a picture somewhere but I can't find it now, that shows the drive gear wheel that goes in the side of the mt75 gearbox has a square central hole. There are different coloured gear wheels with different number teeth used on various Fords. Apparently the yellow 22 tooth one supplied for Superspec was wrong which is why my speedo hugely over reads. You need something like a transit 25 tooth wheel but not easily found now.

I think there is also a right angled adapter available to fit onto the gearbox.

The cable then connects to the adapter

This eliminates the sharp radius 'bend' of the cable at the gearbox end.

The adapter is a bit pricey I think, so it may be an easier/cheaper fix to work out a large radius bent to the gearbox

Can't help with specs for the adapter as I went electronic gearbox sender/ETB speedo

When I replaced mine it was for an old transit. The surround needed some work but never came off and is so secure I still haven't taken it off even after moving to a new dash which uses bolt heads.

I didn't even need the angle adapter as it managed to have a nice radius bend

Edited by deano266