Silverstone F1

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

My old man managed to win two complimentary tickets to the Silverstone F1 courtesy of Mercedes, he has given me and my misses the tickets- Top man!

We live in Somerset so it's about 120 miles each way, there are no hotels available so it looks like we will be setting off early.

Any one got any advice for going? Gates open at 6 but I can't see us being there that early!

My old man managed to win two complimentary tickets to the Silverstone F1 courtesy of Mercedes, he has given me and my misses the tickets- Top man!

We live in Somerset so it's about 120 miles each way, there are no hotels available so it looks like we will be setting off early.

Any one got any advice for going? Gates open at 6 but I can't see us being there that early!

Top Tip Craig..... get there before 6.

6 is NOT early for the F1 mate.

And don't think of leaving until late either unless you like queuing.

The traffic gets that busy they make the dual carriageway a one way system using both sides!

Back in the day when we got free tickets from suppliers we stayed at B&B's close to the circuit, left B&B at 0700 & after miles of queues got in the circuit around 1300. Big queues to get our started straight after F1 finished,when support races finished we would sit in car park /have a BBQ/& a kip. Would try to leave around 3 hours after & still join the queues to get out.

As Nick said, dual carriageway becomes a car park -- police setting red warning flares to high-light back of jam.

Enjoy it --- then get home & watch on TV so you know what went on.

Do not recommend walking round circuit -- it's a bloody long way.

We used to go the night before, to arrive around 9pm drove no queues then.

Had a few hours kip in the car, then went into the circuit as early as possable. Had a bit more kip in a chair before the warm up started around 9am.

Back to car after the last race more kip, then BBQ, left around 9pm but still had to queue to get out.

Back in the day Eddie Jordan used to pull a group together and entertain late into the evening.

Guest Neil.Pritchard

HI , as said above get there early. We have been the last 3 years always get there for 7-30 have a breakfast roll and coffee and go and watch GP2

racing and Porche racing . Plenty of other racing on before the main race . Enjoy the day . Not going myself this year went to Goodwood festival of speed

for a change .

Cheers Neil.