Caravan Insurance

kevin the chicken

Just a quick nudge to those of you that tow their houses behind them on occasions especially as the end of season bash is coming up.

We had an insurance renewal come through just before we had our annual holiday in Cornwall and my wife was inclined to leave it until we returned by which time it would have expired. I renewed it as it would have been just my luck if something happened on holiday.

On the return journey the offside tyre burst on the M5 with the remains of the tyre damaging the side and underneath of the van. We had a good inflated spare and Jack but there was so much destroyed tyre underneath I couldn't get the jack underneath the van so had to call recovery out. Didn't worry too much as I knew I had insurance and we had stopped OK without any drama or injury.

The tyres were about 4 years old with very little wear but the recovery chap said a common cause of delamination is flat spots from being left standing for long periods. Changed the others now too.

Went for an insurance quote and the bill is going to be 2334 Quid! Was that a well spent 100 pound or Not?

• Like 2