My Old Car What's Going On?

st3v3nw

it's on ebay at the moment. I built it from the original kit and sva's it in 2009. It went on an age related 'H' plate.

It's now on ebay on an '09' plate.

looks dodgy to me, what's going on?

But it wasn't a new car in 2009 it was a rebuild of a H reg sierra so should never be on an 09 plate.

DVLA has all the details for the car on that plate so someone has managed to frig the system

My car is on a "C" plate (1985) but was built in 1997. I wanted to put my personal plate on it which starts with "E" but the DVLA said it had to be C or earlier as the original donor was 1985 hence the age related plate.

It apperas to be a bit of an anomily that if you put an age related kit on a private plate, then subsequently remove the plate, they issue a numberplate that coincides with the registration year and not the year of the donor as that year isn't recorded on the v5.

There are a few people out there that this has happened to.

It apperas to be a bit of an anomily that if you put an age related kit on a private plate, then subsequently remove the plate, they issue a numberplate that coincides with the registration year and not the year of the donor as that year isn't recorded on the v5.

There are a few people out there that this has happened to.

I'm one of them. Took my age related 1988 F plate off to put a private plate on. Took that off at one point and got a 53 plate back from the DVLA which was when it was originally SVA'd / registered (Dec '03).

Edited by andyparry