2L Blacktop Zetec Turbo

DeanRudkin

Guest lotusPaul

Well done on your efforts gents. Ill look forward to the dyno curves if you can post them up. I bet theyre both capable of embarrassment to anything shy of an R8.

What revs was peak torque and peak bhp at?

Edited by lotusPaul

Guest lotusPaul

Yeah, cant quite make it out. What was torque?

Looks like a very linear line apart from a little bottom end(cant make it out)

Im guessing and correct me if im wrong, are you looking at around 200 bhp at 5252 revs. Maybe more?

Yeah, cant quite make it out. What was torque?

Looks like a very linear line apart from a little bottom end(cant make it out)

Im guessing and correct me if im wrong, are you looking at around 200 bhp at 5252 revs. Maybe more?

Graph shows mph at the bottom rather than rpm.

been at it all day today inlet valves replaced nearly finished building it back up inlet plenum on tomorrow change the injectors then wire fan into ecu and nearly there just got to figure how i am going to do the bonnet :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Guest Turboz

Hi guys some serious numbers there, are you running forged internals, when I was running running a 205 bhp on a new zetec black top (naturally aspirated) I noticed a drop in power over time, did a compression test found it to be down, it turned out to be 2 bent con rods. I think anything over 180 bhp starts to bend them it's only a matter of time on standard internals.

Guest Turboz

How much stronger though 5-10% ? Nothing like the 75% gain they have made, I'd be looking for aftermarket, it's easy to obtain con rods rated at 250 bhp per rod nowadays.