2B For Sale

Guest Tim Norman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scoobydo71

Hi, new Robin owner and club member.

I'm actually after a fuel tank for a stainless tub car. I am still very ignorant about parts interchangeability between models, but, If you have one that will fit, I'm interested.

Where are you at with your Scimitar plans tho?

My father has a couple of 6A's. One near perfect which he's keeping and a spares car, which came MOT'd and used to be driven. Would like to keep engine and 'box but the rest may be available (get the idea that you want to use your V8 anyway). I believe it's plundered a little for parts but the shell should still be OK. Anyway, he says he is also a possible parts vendor if you need.

Coincidentally, we seem to all be Rover V8 guys. At the mo he's putting his 4.6 twin turbo 550bhp SD1 back together with a Dodge Viper 'box ( the torque tears the TVR ones apart too quick!!)

I'm a bit boring at the mo, I just run an old P38 Rangie (4.6 of course). But I do have a spare motor in the garage too, could be for sale if your interested but, needs new cam.

Sorry to put all this waffle down in here but, I was here anyway and still need a fuel tank!

Cheers,

Greg

Guest Tim Norman

The fuel Tank I have is a bespoke on that is bigger than the standard fuel tank at 50L. Provisionally sold at the moment, just need to see what he takes with him next week.

It is a tight fit but I did fit it in an already completed car. I just had to destroy the back of my car to get it back out but only because of additional items I had added afterwards!

Scimitar wise the plan is to get ir running right with all the electrics etc working before I drop the V8 in.

Already upgraded headlights to much better halogens running through relays. Seat runners were knackered when I bought the car so now I have MX5 front seats in. That put my legs too close to the steering wheel so I bought a second had 14" Mountney, But now I have taken the old one off I have found that the threads on the top of the shaft are shagged and only years of use were actually holding the wheel in place! So I either need a new Scimitar shaft or I see if I can retro fit a spare Sierra shaft I have instead. How much does your Dad want for the top part of the shaft?

My V8 is a paltry 275Bhp running through a Commercial LT77.

Guest scoobydo71
Just to keep you informed!

Didn't make it up to look in the end but asked the question.

Here is the reply. It's self explanatory really.

If you do think there might still be bits and pieces for you just ask, and I will pass it on to him.

(Is a 6A yes, of the earlier variation.

It's difficult to say at the moment exactly what would be available. Until I actually get my restoration on the road - hopefully first half of 2018, I don't want to part with the engine/box in case it should be needed and I don't want to take the wheels off and render it immobile. Since I have used most seats and trim, that doesn't leave a lot to go at in the short term!

For the moment best to just ask me about any particular parts needed, in the longer term the remains of the car would come available in one lump as it were!

Cheers - Dad)

Guest Tim Norman

OK cheers

I don't need engine pr wheels but as I start the refurb I may come across bits like switches and window motors.

I will keep you updated.

Just need to sell the exhaust and manifolds from the V8 2B to partly finance the new exhausts for the V8 Scimitar!

Guest scoobydo71

OK cool,

Don't really know how to work this site yet so, if you PM me your number I'll respond with mine.

Then you can text any requests direct to me.

If we do find that he has bits you need I'll put you in contact with him and cut tardy Greg out!!

He is based near Stafford btw, not a million miles away!