North Wales Run Out Saturday 14Th October 2017

richyb66

I'm planning a run out on Saturday 14th October 2017 for anyone brave enough to still have their car on the road. Rough details are a drive up in the morning, an overnight stay somewhere around Corwen then some more driving Sunday before returning home.

Corwen is a well located and the accommodation should be a bit cheaper than in Llangollen. A couple of options are the Crown Hotel and the Owen Glyndwr, both of which I've stayed in though not for a while. Book your accommodation early to avoid disappointment.

Let me know if interested then pack for wet weather and at least you'll be prepared.

I can't find anywhere in Corwen that is has more than a couple of rooms free so I'm looking instead at Llangollen as there should be more choice there.

I've in at the Bryn Howel hotel which is a 5 minute drive out of town. It's not the cheapest but parking won't be a problem and the cars should be safe as it's out of the way.

Twin Room with breakfast was £89 on booking.com

Other options in Llangollen town are probably available.

I'm in. Waterproofs are packed but at least I will only get wet to my skin.

Can't be wetter than the August trip!

I'm gonna have to re drill the seats as the holes keep regenerating back into seat again. Now where did I put that core drill.

Oh yes... Aeroscreens are for men

• Like 2

Whilst my new driveshaft has now arrived, I don't think a long trip will be ideal to test out my fixes. Think I'll keep it local where Gaz can come rescue me again :p

Think I'll sit this one out and make sure I get an AA free period next season :D