Theducks severely over running Winter Mods - Youtube Series

theduck

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem with the turbo security (trying serrated nuts etc. to solve the loosening problem) which was made worse by only limited access under the T3 turbo.

Final solution was to get the faces of the exhaust/turbo seating machined so that no gasket was required(original specification) and using "nord lock washers" to hold everything in position.

This has finally seemed to have done the trick, the only drawback is that the Nord system stretches the thread when undoing and therefore needs the studs to be replaced when remove, but better than turbo breaking loose.

Tried and tested way to stop turbo bolts self loosening is piss in a biscuit tin and soak the nuts for a few days then fit them wet. Sounds mad (and questionable) but works. I decided to use castle pins on the head to hold the manifold and v band mounts for turbo for rapid changes, but piss does work. 😱

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last picture I took before the chassis was taken away, was a bitter sweet moment. 

1E7FCEEF-D0F5-47CE-A292-3E180AC6D741.jpeg

I have one final video to come, a kind of celebration of the kit, which will be out Christmas Eve. For now though, here is a teaser for the next project. 

If people want me to, I will start a new thread and continue posting the videos on here.