Seeking Enlightenment

alantoon

Clearly that is a pirate hat that you have to bend to shape and join the 2 bits together, Flat plate to put your Tea cup on whilst making the pirate hat and a tiny set of canoe paddles for a very small canoe (possibly inflatable which is possibly what it is sitting on) which then gives you a vessel with which you can use the pirate hat.

:blink:

Sorry that isn't actually very helpful. Can't even guess what they would be for.

The bar was designed to have the robin hood seat backs lean against and also had a pocket bag hung off it. I dont thank that anyone fitted them.

I think that the pirate hats were to be folded round and mounted beneath the headlight (through the big hole) and have the front indicators mounted in them.

The reinforcing plate I can only guess as reinforcement for the diff mount which was always marginal on the mono cars.

I've got a 3A and haven't got anything like the first 2 photos fitted on the car but I think the orate hats were for the indicator mounting. The bar is like IanS says and was fitted to mine but I removed it, cut a bit of the sides away and mounted a rectangular box section bar in its place but further back. That allowed my seats to go further back and let my boot enclosure panels to be secured to it

Thanks for your replies I didn't think they were anything important because I would have worked out where to fit them. I had already built a rear bulkhead so the bar isn't needed. I am sitting here looking at my wiring harness trying to work out the best way to fit it as I have no instructions and the end of each run of wires is a label with what it fits but I have no colour code for the wires. My plan at the moment is to unwrap the under dash wires then at least I will be able to follow the wires.

If you can't follow the wires by eye, most multimeters have a continuity tester so you can just touch the wire under the dash and the other end touch whichever wire you think it is and see if it buzzes (sorry if you already know this).

hth

The problem is that I haven't got a starting point, On one end of the dash I have a big clump of 25 wires to go to the fusebox, and the other end a clump of 15-20 wires to go to the column switches-None of the colours match up to the originals so it is going to be a nightmare to sort them out. The plan now is to strip the harness down and put my own loom together-I already have the engine loom sorted so it seems the best plan.