Project Valtezza

Guest Paddy1970

3 for me....ive always liked hot rods & sleepers. Id keep the chassis & suspension pretty stock,

Stick to normal-ish wheels, but keep the engine covered, so you dont give anything away

& keep the handling & performance a secret.

• Like 1

Guest Paddy1970

Thanks for the feedback chaps, i've wimped out though and decided to keep it Seven styled, i have plans to build another though which will be a true Hot rod, i think this Hood chassis deserves to be a Seven.

Guest paulsnow

Hi just to let you know I have owned a hood for the last eight years . I have build photos of my car if this would help .My car is running a 2.0 zetec on throttle bodies with a emerald ecu . I will be bring the car to Stoneleigh this year .

Guest Paddy1970

Not a lot to show you recently, the beast from the east prevented me from getting to the garage all of last week, but it did give me time to order a lot of parts at home.

Since the last update i have removed the "roof" roll cage section, this is a road car so not needed. I will be using some of the tubes i cut out to reinforce certain areas that i feel need addressing, especially around the diff area.

One does not simply order parts for a Hood, i'm finding i either need to make everything from scratch or adapt a part from another Seven kit. My scuttle panel is from a Locost for example, it needs widening by around 3" to fit properly and my dash support tube needs redoing to suit. My nosecone hasn't arrived yet but i can already see it will need to be cut and extended, reglassed etc.

PvQecfI.jpg

dGQYJTa.jpg

oTg4udF.jpg

Guest Paddy1970

Yeah I needed 9's to allow me to fit the widest footprint I can at the rear in a vague attempt to get the torque down, knowing how these engines behave in mr2s I'm probably pissing into the wind.

Case in point....Ray had treaded tyres on the vette that were 18" wide, & they spun like a top in even the warmest weather on a sticky track.

That was with something like 1200 bhp on his blown engine.

The twin turbo setup has around 1500 bhp in its present soft tune.

He has had to fit 10.5" tyres because he cant get the previous ones any more.

These have a different compound & grip like the proverbial, although they are still treaded.

My personal experience is to fit sticky tyres if you want more grip....

I fitted 888s to the Hood & cut around 5 seconds off my best Barkstone time. (but not in the wet!)

But if you like the look, its your car, do what you damn well pleasey (Per the Big Yin)

• Like 1